Application Menu Item Binding

Developer
Nov 10, 2011 at 8:09 PM

I have started using this framework in a app that I am working on.  Nice and clean.  The framework supports application button command binding but I don't see any support for application menu item commands.  Perhaps modify the interface (

IEnumerable <IActionCommand<object>> ApplicationBindings { get

; } )

to take an additional parameter to specify the type (buttor or menu) or have two seperate bindings "ApplicationButtonBindings" and "ApplicationMenuBindings"

Coordinator
Nov 10, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Sounds good. I have not had the chance to pull this into Mango and update it based on recent projects so there are a few enhancements I can do, just cannot commit right now to timeline as I am wrapping up my Silverlight 5 book. Thanks!

Coordinator
Nov 10, 2011 at 9:08 PM

PS if you'd like to be a contributor and help effect some of these changes, let me know.

Developer
Nov 10, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Sure, I could make these changes.  Just let me know when I"m setup

Feb 14, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Hi,

it seems not possible to bind value to application bar text, for example :

<shell:ApplicationBarIconButton IconUri="/icons/appbar.close.rest.png" IsEnabled="True" Text="{Binding MyText}"/>

Will you add support for this or should we use binding wrapper ?

Nov 1, 2012 at 9:10 PM

i think that this thread is really old... but well, i will try to give an answer

@timor, i think that you are facing a platform limitation (at least for now, im writting with Tango 7.11 in mind). You cannot databind ApplicationBar buttons. You cannot even bind them to a resource file (for targeting serveral languages), so, you have to do it on codebehind (i know, it sucks)